Media Contact: Deborah Brenner, (845) 365-2838, brenner@womenofthevine
‘Women of the Vine’ Global Symposium is the First of its Kind Devoted to Advancing Women in the Wine Industry
Industry Professionals to Foster, Celebrate and Inspire Women’s Leadership in Wine
New York, NY (August 12, 2014) – The ‘Women of the Vine’ Global Symposium, the first of its kind conference enabling women across all sectors of the wine industry and the world to connect, network, mentor and collaborate, will be held March 13 – 15, 2015 at The Meritage Resort and Spa, Napa, CA.
The two-day Symposium will feature diverse seminars and panel discussions focused on the personal, family and business dynamics of today’s women in wine. Educational programs include such topics as life/work balance, being confident in a male-dominated industry, honing your leadership skills, communication tactics to be seen and heard, negotiation tips, succession plans, and success stories/case studies by women in wine. Networking events and a Grand Tasting Gala Event also will be held.
“Today, women are increasingly visible as leaders in every aspect of our industry,” said Jan Barnes, VP Brand Director for Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery and member of the Symposium’s advisory board.
“In our own experience, the challenge is not only to retain the women we have working for our own company but also to ensure that they thrive while concurrently fostering the next generation of talent. The ‘Women of the Vine’ Global Symposium will be an outstanding opportunity to discuss these challenges and companion opportunities with our peers throughout the industry,” Barnes said.
Expected attendees include those involved with wine growing, wine making, buying, distributing, marketing, sales, educators, sommeliers and wine media.
According to the American Association of Wine Economists, only 9.8% of winemakers in California are women. Approximately 10% of viticulturists and winemakers employed in the Australian Wine Industry are women and out of 219 professionals who have earned the title Master Sommelier, 21 are women.
“Even though women are making great strides in the wine business, there is a shortage of networking and mentoring opportunities to ensure that women will continue to advance in leadership roles in the future,” said Deborah Brenner, Author and Founder, Women of the Vine, LLC.
“I am honored to organize this annual event to help women further their careers,” Brenner said.
Held during Women’s History Month (March) the symposium celebrates the achievements and advancement of women in the wine industry spanning the globe.
For those seeking to hone their business skills, gather fresh ideas and network with other like-minded women in the wine industry, this is a must attend annual event. For more information please visit: www.womenofthevine.com<http://www.womenofthevine.com>
Consumers also are invited to join the Women of the Vine Grand Tasting Gala sponsored by MORE Magazine. The Grand Tasting will unite more than 30 of the industry’s finest women winemakers and proprietors. The event will take place on Saturday, March 14, 2015 from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. PST and tickets can be purchased individually or as part of the Symposium package.
For high resolution images, photos, media kit, or more information, please contact Deborah Brenner, email@example.com (845) 365-2838 www.womenofthevine.com
Who Will Attend?
Master of Wine
Media and Trade
Winery Sales Staff
Distributor Sales Staff
Tasting Room/Hospitality Staff
Wine writer/ bloggers/ authors
Wine Buyer- On/Off Premise
Advisory Board Members:
The Women of the Vine Global Symposium is guided by an advisory board comprised of notable worldwide industry professionals.
· Jan Barnes, Vice President Group Brand Director, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
· Colleen Brennan, VP of National Accounts On Premise, Rodney Strong
· Jane Edwards Creed, President and Chief Executive Officer, Wine Shop at Home
· Anita Cook – Motard, Director of Strategic On Premise Accounts, D&E Fine Wine Group, Glazer’s Domaine & Estates
· Kristen R. Decker, President, Global Wine Company, Inc
· Traci Dutton, Manager – Public Wine & Beverage Studies, The Culinary Institute of America
· Rachael Ellas, Northwest Region Vice President, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
· Alice Feiring, Author, Wine Writer and Founder of The Feiring Line, The Real Wine Newsletter
· Kari Leitch, Vice President, Communications and Corporate Affairs, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
· Donaji Lira, Conference Director, TEXSOM
· Meridith May, Publisher/Editorial Director, The Tasting Panel Magazine & The SOMM Journal
· Jayne Portnoy – Vice President of Marketing & Brand Strategy at Napa Technology
· Mary Retallack, Viticulturist & Managing Director, Retallack Viticulture, South Australia
· Jancis Robinson, Order of the British Empire, Master of Wine, Writer, Wine Critic
· Ben Salisbury, Salisbury Creative Group, Inc, Former VP of National Accounts On Premise, Constellation Brands
· David Schuemann, Owner, Creative Director, CF Napa Brand Design, Strategic Solutions for the Wine, Spirits and Beer Industries
· Dr. Liz Thach, MW, Professor of Management and Wine Business, Sonoma State University
· Madeline Triffon, Wine Specialist and Master Sommelier
About Deborah Brenner – Wine Industry Consultant, Author, Speaker:
Author, “Women of the Vine, Inside the World of Women who Make, Taste and Enjoy Wine”
Founder, Women of the Vine Wine Company
In the process of writing the book, Brenner realized that she could champion these women more directly by going into the business herself.
Women of the Vine Wine Company is a partner with the leading national women’s lifestyle magazine, MORE. Together they created the never-been-done-before wine club called MORE Uncorked, which exclusively features wines made by extraordinary women winemakers and winery owners worldwide.
Women of the Vine Wine Company is proud to be the first and only wine partner of Farm Aid founded by Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp and Neil Young in support of maintaining the timeless partnership between farmer and winemaker. Women of the Vine gives ongoing donations to Farm Aid to support keeping America’s family farmers on the land.
* CF Napa Brand Design
* MORE Magazine / MORE Uncorked Wine Club
* The Meritage Resort and Spa
* The Drinks Business & The Drinks Business Hong Kong
* The Tasting Panel Magazine
* The Somm Journal Magazine